Let’s face facts, this world is very busy. There is always something we need to be doing. Whether that’s going to work, taking the kids to school, do the housework or a hundred different things in a day.
As a result, our minds are usually frazzled by the end of the day, week, month or year. So how can we help our minds become clearer, and help us through each busy day?
I found that meditation has helped me immensely. I meditate twice per day for at least 30 minutes per time, and my mind and well being has improved immeasurably as a result.
Before I give you tips on meditation, I would like to share some fantastic benefits I discovered on how good meditation can be for us.
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Can Improve Your Blood Circulation
- Can help to lower your heart rate
- Lessen perspiration
- Lower your respiration rate
- Help you to feel less anxious
- Lessen stress levels
- Help you to relax better
- Give a better feeling well being
As you can see, there are quite a few reasons as to why meditating regularly can help you improve your mind and body. So why don’t we mediatet more then? I suspect it’s for two reasons. The first is because we say to ourselves that we are too busy and don’t have time to meditate. The second is that we possibly see meditation as something we need to do sitting cross legged on the floor while chanting omm.
Both reasons are really excuses for us to not meditate really. Let’s be honest, if we don’t want to do something, we find a million excuses not to do it at all.
So, if you are interested in meditating, then here are my five tips to get you going.
- Find a chair or cushion to sit on before starting your meditation.
- Close your eyes, and shut out all distractions, radio, t.v etc.
- Breathe naturally
- Focus on nothing else but the sound of your breathing
- Commit to 5 minutes per day to begin with, and increase over time
Follow these 5 steps, as I did, and you’ll soon discover that meditation is a lot of fun, and will help you feel better in different ways as well.